Wednesday 22 October 2014

Song Analyzer: Be careful when writing Gospel Songs.


The lyrics of a song constitutes about 50 percent of its potency. By potency, I refer to it's meaning in the ears of fans. If the lyrics of a song is not well put together, it will sound odd in the ears of it's listeners. Hence,  rhymes are considered when writing songs.


However, a song writer has to be careful when writing. There is what we call conceptualization in writing. This means writing based on a particular foundation that sorrounds a concept,  idea or culture of a people. Many artistes write basically with this style. Fela was both conceptual and spontaneous in writing his songs. As a Nigerian,  you know who he is talking about when he writes. If you happen to be a foreigner,  you perhaps will need to ask questions after listening to some of his song lyrics.
Also in writing songs that have to do with the gospel of Jesus christ,  song writers have to be consistent with what and who they represent. 

A song writer said:
"Wetin I go give to you
My praise
Wetin I go give to you
My praise
I no get money...."

What????
Lets stop there!

As a believer in the Kingdom of God, and as dear children of God, the bible encourages us to be doers of the word and not hearer alone, decieving our own selves James 1:22
The bible also affirms in Job 22:28, that when the world says their is a casting down, "WE" (God's children) will say -there is a lifting up!!!

Again in 2 Corinthians 3:21 says "..whether paul or apollos....all things are yours..."
These are not statements of probability. These are words of divine wisdom. These are truths!

Further more, we must realize that there is a language for believers. One way to know someone who is maturing in the things of the Spirit is by listening to his conversation and communication.  Words are fruits of our understanding, you can only give what you have and Jesus affirmed, "...for out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh..."
There is language that is not permitted for the believer. I am not talking about "vulgar". I am talking of the language of the believing ones who speak wisdom.

When you say "I no get money" ..that is absolutely affirmative and decisive.  It is not a blessing, it's a curse. Jesus would not talk this way! He did not encourage it and does not. The apostles throughout the epistles did not.
Standing on the word of God..."I say to myself daily, I am rich, prosperous,  healthy, fulfilled and I am moving forward. I can not fail! Fail? Me? Never-!!! Thank God for the teaching of His Word that has opened up my mind. This is my mindset! My pastor calls it the mindset of the righteous.
I have all the money I need. It is coming in pounds, naira, dollars. How? You may ask. Why? Why!!!
Simple and short, it is because the word of God said so and I chose to stand on the word regardless of daunting opposition and distasteful experiences. Besides, the scripture says: "God calls those things that be not, as though they were." HE IS A FAITH GOD.  We are faith children too. So we walk by faith and not by sensory perception.  Hahaha...I know who I am!
Follow me closely...

Secondly, the gospel of Jesus christ is beautiful, because the word of God changes those who use it correctly. No real and true authentic christianity is stagnant. No! It is dynamic in the HolyGhost. Hence, your money is needed to spread the gospel abroad! Through prosperity....the gospel shall spread abroad. Ain't it amazing how those who believe and preach prosperity are spreading round the continents with a wider reach for the gospel, while those who preach against those who preach it are broke,  and remain local champs, with limited reach and that's even if they have become champions locally. Someone said: "What you criticize you cannot attract."
If a man comes to church poor and receives Jesus, he does not remain poor, this is the GOODNEWS! That is the Gospel-Isaiah 60:1. He becomes the rich! All he now has to do is to discover his riches and unveil his inheritance in Christ.

With this revelation in mind, I implore you to speak only excellent words. Life and Death are in the power of your tongues. Prosperity and poverty are their too. Speak WORDS OF REAL AND TRUE FAITH. Words that unbelievers cannot understand.  Even when cash is not readily available, don’t say "I am broke, I dont have money, Nigeria is bad, the economic  recession is hitting us hard."  Mr. Believer, No!!!
Declare those things that be not as though they already are present with you. "Say...I am in christ. I operate the financial system of This kingdom, I am rich, Christ has made me rich. I am not a beggar, I lend to nations, the World is mine ...oh I am Divinely, marvelously and supernaturally helped."
No wonder things are not working for some believing folks. They pray, pray, and pray - when they finish praying, they crown it with this negative confessions of "I no get money !!! Ah!!" *smh*
Let's follow the Word as gospel artiste who minister life. And for all we wonderful worshippers, the next time you are singing that song, pause...

When you get to that place, yes there... sing like this instead:
Call: Wetin I go give to you
Response: prayayaise
Call: Wetin I go give to you
Response: My praiyayaise
Call: I get much money
Response: My praise
Call: You bless me plenty
Response: My praise
Call: I don hammer big time.
Call: You gave your rich life.

Listen to my youtube video of how the song now should sound with my divine lyrics.
I know you are full already. *smiles* Leave your comments.

5 comments:

  1. Wow...this is really great>i'll call it the power of faith based and faith filled words...THE MINDSET OF THE RIGHTEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really dig this...imagine a world where all christians ve sia mindset!!! My God, we'd shake d world to its foundation.I was wiv u over 2 yrs n almst 6yrs dwn the line..dis is an entirely different man speaking. #Jehovah's blessings on u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...Yeah Debz, Old things have passed away. Behold....

      Delete

Discuss